New Canon McMillan Food Menu
Muse Construction Camera
School District Policies
PA Child Welfare Portal
Facility Request Procedure
Final Budget 2016-2017
Canon-McMillan School District Comprehensive Plan
(Hard copies are available at the Central Administration Office)
Canon-Mcmillan Community Scholarship Foundation
School Closings and Delays
6/30/2016 Audit Report
Town Hall Meeting Presentation File
Final General Budget 17-18
June 2017 District Snapshot
Notice of Herbicide Application - Stadium 8-20-2017
Notice of Herbicide Application - Hills Hendersonville 8-20-2017
Bus Safety 101: Tips for Parents and Drivers
We get it: Getting used to riding the bus can be a big deal for little ones. A wise man once said, "Knowing is half the battle." Here are some tips to make those first few weeks of school bus riding tear- and fear-free:
• Remind your child that you or another trusted adult will be there waiting for them when they exit the bus at the end of the day.
• Always tell your child's bus driver if someone else will be picking them up from the bus so he or she can reassure them when it's time to get off after school.
• Instill the importance of safety: Tell your child to stand away from the road while waiting for the bus. When the bus stops to pick them up, remind them to take several steps backward to give the driver room to pull over.
• Let them know the rules: Listening to the bus driver's instructions is key, and standing on the bus while it's in motion is not permitted.
• Explain what the bus' red, flashing lights and extended arm bar are for—to tell other vehicles they need to stop. But also remind them that just because drivers are supposed to stop doesn’t mean they always will—stress the importance of looking both ways.
• Remind your child that the safest place to cross the street is in front of the bus where the driver can see you, not behind it.
Since it’s been a while since the big yellow busses have made their way through the communities that compose the Canon-McMillan School District, we also wanted to give some friendly reminders to motorists who encounter school buses when they're travelling Washington County's byways and highways:
• Motorists must stop at least 10 feet away from school buses that have their red lights flashing and stop arm extended.
• Motorists must stop when they are behind a bus, meeting the bus or approaching an intersection where a bus is stopped.
• Motorists following or traveling alongside a school bus must also stop until the red lights have stopped flashing, the stop arm is withdrawn, and all children have reached safety.
• If physical barriers such as grassy medians, guide rails or concrete median barriers separate oncoming traffic from the bus, motorists in the opposing lanes may proceed without stopping.
• REMINDER: Do NOT proceed until all the children have reached a place of safety.
We wish everyone a happy and safe 2017-18 school year!
Celebrating Emergency Service Day with Blessings in a Backpack of Canonsburg
Blessings in a Backpack of Canonsburg partnered with borough Mayor David H. Rhome and municipal fire, police and ambulance personnel helped celebrate Emergency Services Day May 3 doing something they know about well: Giving back.
The group packed food at South Central and First Street elementary schools for children who are eligible to receive a weekly backpack full of food to help meet their dietary needs over the weekend.
This is the second time this school year that local EMS members have helped pack food for children here in the Canon-McMillan School District.
Blessings in a Backpack organizers thanked all of the participants for volunteering their time to help local kids, adding that all involved are looking forward to continuing the parternship in the 2017-18 school year.
CM Business and Finance Director Honored
Congratulations are in order Canon-McMillan's Director of Business and Finance Joni Mansmann, who was elected vice president/president elect of the Pennsylvania Association of School Business Officials.
Ms. Mansmann, who was offered a lifetime membership to the organization, was elected to the position at PASBO's annual conference held in Pittsburgh recently.
She will serve as president of the organization in three years.
"This is a remarkable accomplishment and it is an honorable moment for our dedicated Canon-McMillan employee," Superintendent Michael Daniels said.
Ms. Mansmann's professional professional achievement was most recently recognized by the Canon-McMillan Board of Directors at their April meeting.
The mission of the Canon-McMillan School District, in partnership with the community, is to invest in our greatest resource, our students. We strive to teach, challenge and support all students to prepare them for college and careers with the information and skills necessary to compete, achieve and serve as leaders in a global economy as ethical and responsible citizens.
The vision of the Canon-McMillan School District is to graduate all students with the ethical and effective communication, critical and creative thinking skills necessary for success in an evolving global economy.
"Striving to be a bully free School District"
|STUDENT INSURANCE: A student accident insurance
program is available for all students. The program is voluntary
and paid for by parents wishing to purchase the insurance
coverage. For more information, please contact:
|Robert A. Simonin Agency
160 West Pike Street
Canonsburg, PA 15317
1 North Jefferson Ave
Canonsburg PA 15317