Dear Canon-McMillan School District Parents/Guardians and Staff,
During the past week there have been one hundred and eighty-one positive COVID-19 cases in the Canon-McMillan School District including:
- four staff members and nine students from Cecil Intermediate School,
- two staff members and six students from Borland Manor Elementary School,
- five staff members and forty-six students from Canon-McMillan High School,
- four staff members and one student from Wylandville Elementary School,
- ten students and one staff member from North Strabane Intermediate School,
- three staff members and eighteen students from Muse Elementary School
- eleven students from Hills-Hendersonville Elementary School
- one staff member and eighteen students from South Central Elementary School,
- two staff members and thirty-eight students from Canonsburg Middle School,
- two staff members from the Support Facility
Contact tracing was conducted for all positive cases and individuals identified as close contacts were notified.
As a reminder, if your child is experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 do not send them to school. If someone in the home is suspected of having COVID-19, been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or has tested positive for COVID-19 contact the school nurse before sending your child to school. For your convenience and information, the Canon-McMillan School District Screening Tool and a COVID-19 tracker of all positive cases in the district can be accessed on our website, cmsd.k12.pa.us in the Coronavirus Update Center. It provides detail on signs and symptoms of COVID-19. The COVID-19 tracker will be back on the website in the Coronavirus Update Center as soon as possible and will be updated daily.
Please visit the PA Department of Health website (www.health.pa.gov) for the latest and most accurate information about COVID-19.
Canon-McMillan School District