(Pictured: All of Wylandville Elementary students and staff wore pink and stood in the shape of a heart in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month.)
Wylandville PTO held a Pink Out week of outreach in support of local women fighting breast cancer earlier this month. The students of Wylandville Elementary raised $466.64 during their Breast Cancer Awareness Week. The students made homemade cards for breast cancer patients and brought in donations for Elana's Blessings during their pink themed spirt week.
The grade with the most students in PINK on Friday won an extra recess! The other themes the students were asked to participate in for the week included:
- Monday: Sending Our Love Day– The students made encouraging cards to women fighting breast cancer locally.
- Tuesday: Fight Off Cancer- Wore workout clothes.
- Wednesday: Sock it to Cancer- Wore pink or any fun socks they had.
- Thursday: Style it out- Wore pink accessories i.e. hats, hair ribbons, bandanas, jewelry, etc.
- Friday: Pink Out- Wore pink head to toe.
Click through the album below for some great photos from the week!