PE or Health Session 1: June 6-19 8:30-11:30am
PE or Health Session 2: June 6-19 12:00-3:00pm
PE or Health Session 3: June 20-July 3 8:30-11:30am
PE or Health Session 4: June 20-July 3 12:00-3:00pm
*All courses will be IN PERSON Monday-Friday
*Courses may be adjusted based on registration
*If you are in band, planning to be in band, or are trying out for an auxiliary unit,
you can NOT take PE or Health session 3*
Due to a grant given to CMSD, there will be a one time price reduction this year only!
$80.00 PER COURSE
**MONEY ORDERS ONLY**
Classes of 2024 and 2025 (Current Juniors and Sophomores) Monday, March 27, 2023
Class of 2026 (Current Freshmen) Tuesday, March 28, 2023
Class of 2027 (Current 8th Graders) Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Open Registration Friday, March 31, 2023
*Registrations will be open to students enrolled in Canon-McMillan School District only.
*If you are new to the district and/or plan to enroll into CMHS for the 2023-2024 school year, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
- On the date that applies above, registration links for Physical Education and Health courses will be emailed to students and parents via Blackboard. The Google Form links will be activated and open from 5:00pm- 10:00pm. If you apply on a date in which you are not eligible, your registration will be voided and you will need to reapply on the correct date.
*To register you MUST be logged into your student google account (Ex: email@example.com)
- You may register for only 1 P.E. course per summer.
*Incoming freshmen may take 1 Health and 1 P.E. course
- ONLY 90 STUDENTS per course will be accepted for Physical Education and 30 STUDENTS per course will be accepted for Health - Once you submit your Google Form, a confirmation will be emailed if you are enrolled in the course.
- If accepted into the course, PRINT the confirmation email in your school email
- Obtain a MONEY ORDER for $80.00 payable to: Canon-McMillan School District - Write in the student’s name, a phone number, and the course number on the money order (ex: Alex Smith 724-123-4567 PE1)
- Mail your confirmation and money order to the address below OR bring your payment to the High School on the following dates:
Saturday, April 15 from 9:00-11:00am
Wednesday, April 19 from 5:30-7:30pm
- NO partial payments will be accepted
- Registration and payment must be received no later than May 1, 2023 or your spot will be given to someone on the waiting list.
Canon-McMillan High School
Summer PE/Health Program
314 Elm St. Ext.
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Rules for Participation
- The student must attend nine of the ten days and complete course requirements to receive credit.
- Two tardies or early dismissals are an absence. A third tardy or early dismissal is grounds for dismissal and the student will not receive credit
- Participation in Varsity athletics does not count as class attendance
- Each P.E. student must be physically able to perform all of the activities at the beginning of the program or they will not be permitted to enroll
- Vacations are NOT excused absences
- The dress code for P.E. requires t-shirts, gym shorts, warm-up pants or sweats. Tank tops, halter tops, sports bras, and bikini tops are not permitted.
- Running, basketball, or tennis shoes must be worn at all times
- The Canon-McMillan High School Handbook rules are in effect at all times
- NO refunds will be granted if the student is dismissed from the program
New Course Requirement Reminders
- All students must complete 1.0 credit of PE between their Freshman and Sophomore years and 1.0 credit of PE between their Junior and Senior years. All summer courses count for 1.0 credit.
- Incoming Freshmen must complete Health during their freshman year.
- It is possible to sign up for PE and Health during seperate summer sessions (ex. PE 3 AM and Health 4 PM- pending availability)
- If the PE sessions are filled, it is possible that incoming freshmen take their health credit in the summer and their Fresh/Soph PE credit during their Sophomore summer.