Girls Volleyball, Boys Soccer and Cross Country October 15 Recaps and Results
- JV/Varsity Girls Volleyball VS. Upper St. Clair on 10/15/2020 at home at 6:00 p.m. Recap and Results:
- 2 AAAA....Final Score: CM 3 vs USC 2....CM Record: 5-5
- Jenna Vogen 20 kills 22 digs
- Lauren Reid 37 assists 4 kills 9 digs
- Abby Thornbury 8 kills
- Vicky Manda 6 kills 3 blocks
- Bella McFarland 5 kills 16 digs
- Julia Murdy 10 digs
- The next girls JV/Varsity Girls Volleyball game will be on Tuesday, October 20th at 6:00 p.m. VS. Mt. Lebanon at Mt. Lebanon
- JV/Varsity Boys Soccer VS. Peters on 10/15/2020 at Peters at 6:15 p.m. Recap and Results:
- The cold rain that started to fall just before varsity game time might have foreshadowed the of the kind of night it would be for the boys soccer team when they took on Peters Township Thursday night.
- After battling through the first half, Peters held a 1-0 lead. They would add a second goal in the second half before Joey Fonagy finished a free kick from Brock Keifer to make the score 2-1. Unfortunately, Peters answered quickly and then added another goal in the 4-1 loss.
- The JV team tied Peters 1-1 with freshmen Nolan Klugh scoring for Canon Mac.
- Congratulations to the boys for already clinching a spot on the playoffs. This is the 12th consecutive season that the CM Boys Soccer team has qualified for post-season play
- The boys will look to get back to winning ways in their final regular season game Monday night at Mt Lebanon.
- JV/Varsity Cross Country Mingo Classic on 10/15/2020 at Mingo Creek Park Recap and Results:
- This picture: The boys varsity team gatheres at the starting line of the Mingo Classic.
- The Boys finished 4th of 30 schools.
- Doron Wudkwych won an award with a 17th place finish.
- Max Thomas 26th, Matt Thomas 33rd, Anthony Abbott 35th, and Caleb Chaplik 38th completed the team score.
- The girls team finished 6th.
- Elisabeth Franczyk 27th, Mya Kearns 30th, Addy Yaeger 42, Anna Sheppard 47, and Audrey Karwowski completed the scoring.
- Jv awards were won by Zach Zappa, Wyatt Wybranowski for boys. Emily Skoczlas, Hope Carmona, Bennett Pidro, Lorien Walker, and Siena deCortie for girls.
- The teams return to Mingo for the Washington County Championships on Monday.
This news article has expired and is no longer viewable.