(Pictured: Some of Muse Elementary's Mrs. Sharpnack's class celebrating Earth Day...See more below!)
Canon-Mac's K-4 celebrated Earth Day 2021 in many different ways:
- Muse Elementary celebrated with Lights Out Day: Used natural light wherever possible instead of turning the lights on. Teachers were encouraged to raise their blinds and utilize natural light or even have class outside!
- Muse second grade students in Miss Oravetz class practiced cursive writing outside for Lights Out Day, April 20th.
- Muse students wore green on Monday, April 19th for Go Green Day.
- Muse students read books on how to go green, and even used recycled newspaper to paint the Earth!
- Muse students made beautiful coffee filter earths and wrote letters to the Lorax.
- Muse students wrote about how they will take care of the Earth
- Hills-Hendersonville Elementary's second grade Mrs. Gough's class created a coffee filter Earth.
- Wylandville Elementary had staff that dressed up as sharks, sloths and more to celebrate the day!
- South Central's Mrs Losi’s class created bird feeders out of pine cones and peanut butter.
- Borland Manor's first and second grade art students made beautiful color wheel projects!