(Pictured: Elisabeth Franczyk clears a hurdle in a recent meet...Photo by: Christine McGee)
The Boys and Girls Track & Field Teams both won the runner-up award at Saturday's Slippery Rock Invitational.
The boys were two points short of first and the girls only one point shy of winning the championship in a competition of 40 schools!
4 school records were broken in the process:
- Chris Davis won the 300 hurdles in a record time of 39.42 seconds.
- Jadon Rahman won the 800 meter run in a record time of 1 minute 55.41 seconds
- Bennett Pidro won the Girl's 100 meter dash in a record time of 12.35 seconds
- Audrey Karwowski won the Girl's 800 meter run in a record time of 2 minutes 20.04 seconds.
Bennett Pidro also placed 2nd in the long jump and joined Samantha Hirsch, Rose Kuchera, and Bryce Dean to win the 4x100 meter relay.
Chris Davis also placed 8th in the high hurdles and joined Jake Egizio, Ibrahim Bangura, and Jadon Rahman to win the 4x400 meter relay.
- Chris Davis, Jake Egizio, Spencer Pierce, and Tyriek Williams placed 3rd in the 4x100 meter relay
- Audrey Karwowski, Elisabeth Franczyk, Allie West, and Adaire Settles took 3rd in the 4x400 meter relay.
- Rose Kuchera won the high hurdles and long jump while placing second in the triple jump.
- Jake Egizio won second place medals in the 100 and 200 meter dashes.
There were also several other "top 8" medal winners:
- Bryce Dean 5th in the 100 and 7th in the 200 meter dashes.
- Jade Viscardi 4th in the Javelin
- Elisabeth Franczyk 4th in the 300 hurdles
- Hope Carmona 4th in the steeplechase
- Ava Urso 7th in the steeplechase
- Eva Gray 8th in the steeplechase
- Tyriek Williams 5th in the high hurdles
- Matt Thomas 6th in the 3200
- Caleb Chaplik 8th in the 1600
- Jordan Gasper 7th in the steeplechase
- Michael Chambers 8th in the pole vault.
Both teams will compete for the section championship on Wednesday at AHN Stadium.