(Pictured: 16 Canon-McMillan athletes at Shippensburg for the State Track & Field Championships)
Canon-McMillan had 16 athletes qualify for the State Championships. This two day event was held at Shippensburg on Friday and Saturday, May 27,28.
6 individuals won State medals.
Rose Kuchera finished 2nd in the high hurdles, 3rd in the triple jump, and ran on a medal winning relay.
The girls 4x100 relay of Bryce Dean, Rose Kuchera, Abby Mitrik, and Bennett Pidro won the 7th place medal.
Chris Davis won the 6th place medal in the 300 hurdles.
- Tyriek Williams was 12th in the high hurdles
- Chris Davis was 13th in the high hurdles
- Jadon Rahman placed 12th in the 800
- Maggie Clair finished 15th in the shot put
- Elisabeth Franczyk was 19th in the 300 hurdles
- Audrey Karwowski finished 19th in the 800
- and the boys 4x400 relay of Jake Egizio, Chris Davis, Colton Dean, and Jadon Rahman finished 15th.
Two school records were broken as well:
Rose triple jumped 39 feet 3/4 inches and Jadon ran the 800 in 1 minute 55.04 seconds.
Congratulations to these athletes, Coach Koot, and the entire coaching staff!