Please see these important links:
Coronavirus Communications - http://www.cmsd.k12.pa.us/Content/-coronavirus-communications
Free Lunch Services Schedule -
Nurses' Newsletters -
Parent FAQ for Distance Learning - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y56mWIA81Mecxm_3xkWlosHF48JEvZe27MxarfrMc9Q/edit
Free Wireless/Other Internet Resources - http://www.cmsd.k12.pa.us/Content/freewifi
Continuity of Education Plan - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzLOYXUbKYjtsFgXbTjCxCTLZeE7G0r2i4WtOT1z_-k/edit?ts=5e82126c#
Medication Assistance is Available - https://www.cmsd.k12.pa.us/News/266#sthash.m69bOjag.dpbs
BACKGROUND ON COVID-19 VIRUS
The following information was taken from the Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's.
- WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
- The 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person-to-person. This virus was first identified during an investigation into an outbreak in Wuhan, China.
- WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF CORONAVIRUS IN HUMANS?
- Shortness of breath
The symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Reported illnesses have ranged from people with little to no symptoms to people being severely ill and dying.
- HOW DOES CORONAVIRUS SPREAD?
- Human coronaviruses spread just like the flu or a cold:
- Through the air by coughing or sneezing;
- Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands;
- Touching an object or surface with the virus on it;
- Occasionally, fecal contamination.
- HOW CAN I PROTECT MYSELF FROM CORONAVIRUS?
- Cover coughs or sneezes with your elbow. Do not use your hands!
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, remotes, and other frequently touched items.
- Contain: if you are sick, stay home until you are feeling better.
- SHOULD I WEAR A MASK OR RESPIRATOR IN PUBLIC?
- The CDC does not recommend wearing masks or respirators outside of workplaces settings (in the community). A respirator is a personal protective device that is worn on the face or head and covers at least the nose and mouth. Most often, spread of respiratory viruses from person-to-person happens among close contacts (within 6 feet). It is important that these devices are readily available to health care workers and others who need them.
- For more information about Coronavirus, visit the following: